Tuesday, November 20, 2007

bubbles and wine can totally clear my mind.....

after my daughter had her meltdown last night, i needed some time for ME....what do you do when you need time to veg? my husband thinks i have turned into an internet nerd...i love searching it for ideas, reading other people's blogs, celebrity gossip, etc. but after 2 hours of crying (just b/c she could) i wanted to relax. my poor husband took the brunt of the crying...which i hate b/c he only has 2 hours with her when he gets home from work and when she is crying bloody murder, it doesn't make it pleasant. especially after working all day in a place which in my mind is identical to the office.

so you ask what i was doing while my sweet hubbie tried to calm our daughter....i cleaned our bathroom. i think that this is quite possibly the worst job anyone can have and to have your background music be a very unhappy baby, only makes the job that much more painful. now, i NEVER voluntarily offer to clean the bathroom...but i knew that i wanted to soak in a bath after our screaming kid was down and so i had to "do it for the family". my husband and i hate cleaning the bathroom so much that when we got married, we hired someone to help us clean it. unfortunately, when i decided to start my own company, that was the first thing that had to go.

so back to my story, my way to veg is a bubble bath. in the winter, i love to take a bath every night w/ lots of bubbles and to read my magazines. last night, i giggled to myself b/c i felt like "the reverend" on run's house...(ok, i love mtv- it's out in the open now). you know you have seen the end of the show, where he sits in his bubble bath and types on his blackberry about the lessons he has learned from the day's events....good thing i don't have a blackberry b/c who knows the things i would have written last night! this is the time of year to give thanks- therefore, i am thankful for a sleeping baby and a clean bathtub....

4 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

Hope you got to have a relaxing evening!

Things That Inspire said...

I have a massive, enormous whirlpool tub in my bathroom. For years and years I used my tub every day, until recently when my husband pointed out that it probably was not helping out with Georgia's water shortage! I am rationing myself to two baths a week as a way to conserve water.

Things That Inspire said...

But I take showers on the other days (don't want anyone to think I am a slob!).

cotedetexas said...

she just needs the breast. when she cries like that, just go lie down with her - open your shirt and let her just nuzzle. she'll quiet down and you can relax too. my baby did that for about six months - all night long, but it was ok- there wasn't the internet then! she's 16 now. but - truthfully, she just wants her mommy - and dad can't be that. i think it makes for an independent person when she can feed all the time, any time she wants, no questions asked. it makes her strong and free. she knows mom is there for her always and she doesn't need to worry about that and get insecure about her needs not being met ever. she knows you'll be there for her. i swear - it works. you would think it makes a clingy child, but it doesn't. after she outgrows the breast, you will have a peaceful, mature child, i promise you!! sorry for the lecture - i just feel really strong about sleeping with your baby and feeding her whenever she wants.